When I was a kid, I was lucky enough to have two grandmothers that were either retired or available all summer. Or should I say my mom was that lucky. I remember having so much fun with them, swimming, playing games and generally relaxing. It was a nice break from school and a good solution for my care. This being Dylan's first actual summer has presented me with the challenge of figuring out what to do with him all summer long. I don't want him to have to keep a strict schedule. I think summer is a time for taking it easy.
I think he will go to a local daycare for their school age program for most of the summer. It should be fun enough, with field trips, swim lessons and lots of friends to play with. He may attend a half day baseball camp for one week and hopefully we can take a fun family vacation too. I really hope that one of these days I will be in a position to take more time off and spend this special time with him. As for now, I will take advantage of the weekends and days off.
SeaWorld, Schlitterbahn, the lake house, summer reading plan. These are the things we will definitely make time for.
I cannot believe he is finishing up kindergarten and his first baseball season. He is growing up so fast. Maybe this summer will slow the clock down and allow us to absorb every memory, but time seems to keep moving faster. I hope he understands how wonderful this stage of his life is and doesn't rush away his childhood.
Get it before it's sold out
7 years ago

1 comment:
You are so right to want to remember these days - they are very sweet and special....
Post a Comment