Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kissing and Karate

Have a couple good Dylan stories to share. They are not related to each other, but will share a blog spot.

Dylan has been taking a Kung Fu class through his daycare for the past year and a half. I don't really think he has learned much except maybe some patience and to that we don't talk to strangers. We decided to pull him out for the last two months of the summer and try to get him involved in something else. We first looked into soccer, but found out because of his birthday he would be six (before the first game of the season) possibly playing on a team with all four-year-old girls. Probably not the best start to his sporting career. Pretty sure he would either be bored, become the coach or dominate so completely he would have a warped sense of his skills!! I mean we all know he is totally physically advanced and coordinated (he is a Burr boy after all), but if he is better than other boys his age that is one thing, running over little girls is just not what we had in mind. So, we asked him if he wanted to go to another karate class or try gymnastics. He chose gymnastics and I know he would be good because he is like a little pretzel as it is now. We did some research and found a good gym. Then yesterday I got a call that he won a drawing for two months free karate classes!! That is a $250 value so we will be taking it for sure. May still try to do the gymnastics thing if it works with the schedule, but I am not interested in becoming a mommy taxi just yet!! I'll keep you guys posted on his martial arts success!!

Next story..............

Dylan is now on his third "girlfriend". He and Jessie were a couple off and on for a few months until she left his school. Then he started seeing Kennedy (no, not his cousin! another classmate). But, sadly, she too moved out of his classroom and the long distance thing was too much for him to handle. Now he and Vianca are together. She is a sweet girl, but probably twice his size. His best friend, Lucas is in a pre K romance with another classmate named Bieryn. The four like to hang together. The other day Dylan says to me, "Mommy, you know Vianca and I kissed?"
Um, what? is what I said in my head, out loud I responded, "Kiss? Like how?" Dylan, "In private." Me, "No, I mean like "mwah" how you kiss Mommy?" Dylan, "Yes."
Okay, no cause for too much concern. So I say, "Who's idea was it?" He says, "Bieryn." We had a little talk about not doing things just because your peers tell you to, but because you want to.
Jessie and Kennedy will both be attending his elementary so it'll be interesting to see if he continues his player ways or figures out that girls have cooties!!

3 comments:

KSKH said...

Congrats on the free karate! Can't wait to see how he likes it. He obviously gets his mack daddy skills from his uncle Jarod :)

Phyllis said...

I just love the stories! Keep 'em coming please! xo

Milo and Joey Good said...

Dylan better watch out b/c Milo's marrying Jessie! I had no idea the love was so strong at this age! (Oh, and the wedding's ALWAYS occurring "in 12 days!')