Thursday, October 14, 2010

What is that? or Forget the Cat!

I have not been in much of a blogging mood lately. However, I really do not want to forget this little tidbit of Dylan hilarity.



The other day we were in the bathroom and there was a tampon on the counter. (Don't freak out it was in its wrapper people!) Dylan picked it up and asked, "Mommy, what is this?" I said, "It is a Mommy thing, don't worry about it." To which he replied, "Oh, is it for your bagina?"



I'll give you a second to stop laughing. And while I am waiting I will explain that he has just recently figured out that girls do not have penises and have a vagina instead. I have told him it is like a penis, but inside. That is enough of an explanation for now.



Unlike you, I could not bust out laughing at his question because I did not want to make this a bigger deal, so I said, "No." I really don't like to lie to him, but I just didn't think he needed the mental picture of me putting a foreign object (or any object for that matter) anywhere near my mommy parts.



He then asked, "Well what is it then? Do you wipe your butt with it?" I said, "Kinda, but it is really just for mommies and you don't need to worry about it." Finally he was satisfied and left well enough alone.



I was telling Jason this story and we were attempting to figure out how he would even think to ask if it was for my "bagina". I have decided that he thinks if something is a girl/woman thing then it must have something to do with boobs or a vagina and by looking at the tampon deduced boobs could be crossed off the list. At least mine anyway!



Will curiosity kill the Mommy?

1 comment:

Milo and Joey Good said...

joey found a tampon applicator and went all edward scissorhands with it... i missed the event, but it cracked mark up!