Monday, September 21, 2009

Spinach, for breakfast?

Yummy.

I just started the South Beach Diet Supercharged, Phase 1 today. The first two weeks of South Beach can be hell. Depriving your body of all (well almost) carbs and eating triple servings of green veggies can prove to be torture. I am lucky because I love veggies, but spinach quiche cups and V8 for breakfast was even hard to stomach for me.
Tomorrow I will be having some turkey bacon and a hard boiled egg for a switch. I cooked some chicken and veggie chili last night and is smelled and looked tasty, so lunch should be good. Feta, tomato and cucumber salad for dinner. Almonds, pickles, string cheese and sugar-free Jello for snacks. All this I can handle, but spinach for breakfast may be a little too much.
I don't even really eat breakfast much anyway (I know one of the many reasons I am fat!). Usually a Nutri Grain or granola bar along with my three cups of coffee. We'll have to see if I can make it through two weeks of this. I like the food but it gets old, even for a veggie lover like myself.
I'll be dreaming of fruit and toast in just a few days I imagine. The "supercharged" part of this version adds in some exercise too. Think I'll wait a few days to add that in since my body will be carb deprived and lethargic. The exercise may be enough to push me over the edge.
Should kick start my weight loss and will be 10 lbs lighter after next week. Good thing cause otherwise there would be no point. Healthy smealthy.
Hope to update some good news on the outcome soon. In the meantime, NO I don't' want to go for happy hour and NO I don't want to try the best new Italian restaurant.

2 comments:

KSKH said...

Good luck....you can do it!!!!

Heather@WHMB said...

Way to go girlie!!! I have faith in you, but damn - no HH's. Booooooo