Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Heavy or Light

Thought of a funny Dylan story to share.

So a few weeks ago Jason was heading to Dallas for his annual OU/Texas trip. (Or as I like to refer to it, Get the Hell Out of My Sight trip.)

When Jason goes on trips I am required to run a few errands to help in his preparation. This used to annoy the crap outta me because it feels like parenting your spouse, but it is one of those choose your battles and move on situations.

Anyway, I picked Dylan up from school and headed to the nearest Spec's for some Maker's and Bloody Mary makin supplies. Weather was really nice that day so I asked Dylan if he wanted to go into the liquor store with me or wait in the car for a few (with the window cracked, simmer down everyone). He decided he would wait.

So, I ran in and grabbed the goods and headed to the car, opened the backseat opposite D and placed a large paper sack on the floorboard. I walk around the car and get in. Then Dylan asks, "Mommy, licorice is heavy?"

Licorice?? Oh, liquor.

So, my question is...What kind of kid decides to sit in the car while Mommy goes to a licorice emporium??

No comments: