Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday afternoon blues

Well, maybe not blues so much as boredom. I cannot stand the quiet of my office late on Friday afternoons. All summer and in November and December this place is a ghost town by 3. Those of us who don't have any power or 25 years under our belt to build up an obscene amount of vacation time are stuck wondering how to pass the time. It is too late to start a new project and your mind is jello by the end of the week anyway. But two hours of Internet surfing can seem like an eternity too.

The only saving grace is that it is Friday and I don't have to come back for two glorious days! Needless to say I am (again) hoping for a winning lottery ticket to break me out of my own personal hell. Yay, yay I know I should be "grateful that I have a job in this economy", but seriously it is hard to be grateful on days like this.

Jason and Dylan are taking a vacation day, which only makes it harder for me to be here. I want to stay home for a marathon of Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl!! I want to go to the driving range!! I want pancakes for breakfast at 11 AM!! I know, what a whiner!

We have a great weekend planned. Family night tonight, watch the UT game (or at least the first half) and then go to our great friends, Mark and Melanie Spencer's going away party. (as a tear drop falls, they will be missed) Dylan is having a GiGi day and slumber party so we are free of child and ready to party! Or sleep, or clean, all of which are much easier without Dylan.

1 comment:

KSKH said...

join fb and you wont be bored!