Couple funny and interesting things that I thought I would brog about. BROG - bragging while blogging, it is what us moms do.
Dylan loves brussel sprouts, only fresh steamed. Crazy, but so awesome.
He has been blowing a lot of kisses lately. Probably his way of growing out of actual kisses, but for the time being I have gotten lots of both and I am enjoying them all.
He has been asking to buy toys after seeing commercials on TV. (I hate how advertising is directed at children, but that is a different blog.) So, I told him he could start earning money for doing chores around the house. Help unload the dishwasher, pick up toys, take things to the trash, match up socks. I add it up at $0.25 to $0.50 per chore. He has really started to notice messes more and has been picking up without having to be asked. We will be taking a trip to the toy store soon so he can spend his earnings.
They did a little play at his school of "Where the Wild Things Are". Dylan got to be Max, King of all the Wild Things!! They said they took pictures and I can't wait to see them!!
We are waiting to hear back from the school district about whether he got the transfer or not. He has been talking about it and is very excited for kindergarten. I think he is bored with his preschool. Advanced, but that is only my opinion.
We went to a friends wedding this weekend and everyone kept telling me how cute he is. Like, duh people, I know this already. Plus he offered to help the coordinator put away the chairs and did some acrobatics on the stair railing which got attention from the other dads. "Wow, he is so athletic and coordinated."
The temper is starting to surface and Jason has been getting the brunt of it. Mostly in the morning or late at night. Grumpy when tired, hmmmmmm wonder where he gets that from.
He loves to sing "Who's that lady?" when that Swiffer commercial comes on. And is also a big fan of the pothole commercial. You know, "I ain't got no phone, cause I'm a pothole. Sooooo."
He makes us laugh everyday at least once and yell at least once, but that is what 5-year-olds are supposed to do. I am immensely proud of him and I am overjoyed that I get the privilege of watching him grow up.

2 comments:
I can't believe that he is starting kindergarten in the fall. They grow so fast. Bussel sprouts??? Interesting. Tell Dylan that I also sing the swiffer song when it comes on.
Of course all of us in the family and friends circle know how smart and coordinated he is - but that's always nice to hear isn't it? He really looks determined in the pic - I'm always impressed by pushups b/c I can't do them :-)
Post a Comment