Yesterday I picked Dylan up from school and there was a note taped to his cubby. All parents out there know that only means one of two things, either your kid hurt himself or someone else. The note read:
"Mr. and Mrs. Burr,
Dylan and another student said some really mean things to the new student in our class. She is the daughter of one of the teachers at our school. At the lunch table they told her they were going to stab her mother in the chest and kill her. Please talk to him about this."
WTF???
I know Dylan is not an angel and we don't shelter him to all things violent, but I really don't know where he would get this language. We talked on the way home and he promised never to say mean things again. We discussed how killing someone is the meanest thing you can possibly do and how he would not like it if someone said that about his mommy.
When we got home he made her a homemade card with flowers and trees (and even a tire swing!!) that said I'm Sorry Nevaeh. (Yes, that is Heaven backwards!!)
He took it into school this morning and apologized face-to-face. The teacher thanked me and we are all back on track. However, I did tell him if I hear about him talking this way again, no arts and crafts for punishment, NO video games for a whole month.
Get it before it's sold out
7 years ago

1 comment:
Proof that being a parent and loving your child brings with it huge doses of joy and pain. One moment your heart is bursting with pride and the next it's aching with the knowledge that you can't really protect them from many things - even themselves... The card and apology were a great idea.
Post a Comment