I finished "Island of the Sequined Love Nun" by Christopher Moore. It was so much better the second time around. I think I enjoyed it more this time because I am older and can understand the zany characters better than I did in my early twenties. This book is so good that I don't even want to "review" it on my blog because I really would like a lot of you to read it yourself. But, I will say this, there is mystery, humor, geography, sex, culture and heroism all mixed together to transport you to another place. Let me know if you want to borrow it!!
I started another book, "History Lesson for Girls" by Aurelie Sheehan. I am about half-way through. It is very good as well, but totally different. I prefer that, to mix up the types of books I read, otherwise I get annoyed. There are people at my office that read 10 or 15 books by the same author, about the same main character, back-to-back. BORING, that is my opinion anyway.
I am thinking I may read a biography or autobiography next. Not like a president or anything, although I bet Bill Clinton's would be a page turner! But, a famous musician or American icon or something. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
My payroll support part timer started yesterday. I think she is going to work out very well. She is sharp and dedicated and that is all I needed! I am looking forward to the coming months when the pressure is relieved and I can take a longer vacation without worrying about what I am coming back to.
Dylan got a stomach bug on Friday, but he was all better by Saturday morning. I am sure glad when those things pass quickly. We had a great rest of the weekend. I went to turn in the application for his kindergarten transfer on Friday. I will definitely post about that once I hear back!!
All for now.
Get it before it's sold out
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment