Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet little kitty


I was out front of my building this morning reading my book and having a smoke break. A fellow smoker from the chiropractor's office upstairs was out too. We kept hearing this tiny kitten meow and decided we weren't crazy if we could both hear it and we should investigate.


We searched the bushes the ditch the tree and finally narrowed the search to a Nissan Pathfinder parked in the lot. Yep, the kitten had crawled up under the car and trapped itself in the exhaust system. I have a dress on and she wears scrubs, so naturally she was the choice for crawling under the vehicle.


She was able to get it out. And you would think it was so scared that it would have freaked out, but it was the cutest, calmest little thing. Obviously not feral, nice fur, no fleas, full belly. It was totally unharmed, but a little dirty and very stressed. It was shaking. Not sure if it was a boy or girl, we decided after the trauma it had already been through it was not necessary to explore that question. It was grey and white with blue eyes. I am guessing somewhere between 5 and 8 weeks old.


I held it for a bit and she asked if I wanted to take it home. YES, but sadly no because my 85 lb. Labrador retriever and 5 1/2 year old son are not in need of a tiny kitten. But I am gonna go visit again before it leaves the building. The lady that got it out is going to take it home and it makes me happy knowing it will be loved. Hopefully this helps my karma since I killed a cat earlier this year by running it over. Win some, lose some, I guess.


I hope she names it Pathfinder or Nissan or something that captures the event.

No comments: