Monday, March 9, 2009

Be careful what you teach your kiddos

On Friday night Audrey came over for a visit and a happy hour. We were sitting outside watching Dylan chase Sadie (yes, not the other way around) and jump on his trampoline. He got down and said he needed to go pee. I told him okay go in and we'd be there when he got back. But, why? We are outside the whole world is a toilet. Boys!!!
So, he runs over to the fence (behind this big blanket that is hanging up that Sadie uses when it is cold) and drops his pants and pees right on the fence. The wind was blowing really hard and the blanket blew right into his pee stream! It splashed on him and he didn't even care. Audrey was laughing so hard and immediately told me I had to blog about it. (Since Dylan is my favorite blog subject.)
Anyway, I guess boys will be boys. Oh and for those who know Dylan's outdoor peeing style, yes, he still puts his pants down around his ankles for the full moon experience. The next morning our 7 year-old girl neighbor came over for a trampoline play date and I made sure to tell him that he couldn't pee outside while we had company. I have to draw the line somewhere.
Saturday night we were at Kenneth and Mandy's for dinner and a we-had-too-many-drinks-to-drive-home-sleepover and guess who else decided peeing outside was necessary.............hmm, wonder where Dylan learns it!

No comments: