Monday, March 16, 2009

But I don't want to go to school........

Dylan, unfortunately, takes after me with his morning attitude. It only takes me about 5-10 minutes to get straightened out, but I have been known to throw punches upon first awakening. Although he likes his school and teacher and friends, there are some days (and especially Mondays) that he is not interested in getting up, getting dressed, getting in the car. Today was one of those days.
He didn't have a great night's sleep and neither did I. There was a late night spilling of milk on pajamas which lead to waking Mommy for help and then crawling into bed with us. I was stuck in the middle and between J's snoring and D's stuffy nose, it felt like being trapped between hibernating bears!!
I eventually had to sneak off to work and managed to make it here just under an hour late. J and D were way behind me. I transport Dylan too and from school about 98% of the time and usually it is an enjoyable time for us to spend together, but sometimes it is a pain to have the added responsibility first thing in the AM and first thing after escaping work. Jason offers to take him when possible, but it isn't often. I don't think they got out the door until after 10!
We are going to work on adjusting our body clocks over the next few weeks. We have got to wake up earlier and not be so rushed.
It was hard to explain to him this morning why we "have" to go to work and school. I want him to understand it is not punishment and that we would all like to spend more time together, but there are real and good reasons why work and school are important.
Any suggestions out there from more experienced mothers will be greatly appreciated!!

No comments: