In a recent blog I informed everyone about Dylan missing this year's kindergarten start by 10 days. Today was the first day of a new year of preschool. He and four other kids (who will all turn 5 in either Sept or Oct) are returning to the same class and are joined by about 15 other kids from the younger rooms (or as Dylan would call them "Baby Class").
When I dropped Dylan off this morning I suddenly realized...................He is a GIANT!! I am so amazed that he will be 5 in just a few weeks. These years have been the best of my life and it is so rewarding to be a mother. It doesn't hurt that he is smart, funny, and my best friend. I know the future has many more surprises in store for us all. I can't wait.
I am hoping that he uses this year to master his writing and reading skills and becomes more of a leader. We have had a couple years of some "not-so-good-influences" and I would be happy for him to set his own path in the coming months. I know I will cherish every minute of the next few years. All too soon he will be too old for Mommy fun and snuggle time. For all the mothers with younger kiddos out there hold tight to each hug, answer each why? with gusto, and let each day present itself as a new and wonderful memory. It is true............they grow up fast.

2 comments:
I agree. Although it is hard to answer each why ? with gusyo when you are in that stage :)
Wow Carrie - 5!!! I can't believe it too. I still remember you walking through Melanie's door, we offer you some wine, you say no, and I say "you're pregnant!" :)
Such good memories.
Post a Comment