Can you believe that tomorrow is Dylan's 5th birthday? It seriously feels like a few months ago that we were cuddling on the couch with a toddler. He has taken after his mom and decided that your birthday should be celebrated for at least a week. So, we have already done lots and there is more to come.
Went to Ft. Worth on Saturday so Jason could go to the OU-BYU game. (Okay I am sure there are comments that you expect to read here, but I am going to keep it to myself for my own sake.) Dylan and I hung with Grandma all day and didn't do much. Went to the ghetto Irving Walmart and almost ran over a McDonald's employee. Actually he seemed to want me to run him over. Can you blame him?
On Sunday we had a bowling party for Dylan and his grandma, grandpa and both uncles were there. He liked that. And he got a WII!!! We have already had lots of fun with the bowling game. I am the current champ at our house, but I am sure that will change soon. And thank goodness I am decent at Wii bowling because I sucked at the real thing!
Tomorrow night on his real bday, we are going to eat at the restaurant of his choice. Outback. He loves steak. I am hoping to have them sing to him with a free dessert. I am also going to leave work early and go pick up some cookies (what? you think I bake!) to take to his school for their afternoon snack. Think he'll enjoy me being there so I am taking full advantage since I will be all too embarrassing any day now.
After dinner GiGi and Audrey are coming by to deliver their gifts and wish him birthday cheer. Then, Jason took the day off on Friday so they can sleep late, make breakfast, wrestle, play Wii games, etc. Talk about a good birthday! But 5 is a super important one so since we didn't have a big party here this year we wanted to make sure he was sufficiently spoiled!!
Check back tomorrow as I am sure I will be an emotional blogger babbling about my baby being all growed up.
Get it before it's sold out
7 years ago

3 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!
Happy 5th birthday Dylan!!
Post a Comment