Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ode to Dylan

Dylan, how do I love thee, let me count the ways......


Ha, just kidding, I wouldn't put anyone through that torture. Although I did write a little Haiku to honor the special little man in my life.


Shining, gap tooth smile

Eyelashes reach the sky

Holding my heart captive



Okay, seriously, this really should have been my first blog. I also should probably take more time to think about what I want to say about Dylan, but then again this is just the first of many.



I am amazed EVERYDAY how I could have produced such a wonderful child. He is everything I could have dreamed of and so much more. He is sensitive and strong and so funny!! I know every mother thinks her child is phenomenal, and they should, so for anyone who is at all annoyed by that behavior-I would stop reading now!



I decided to write about Dylan this morning as we were driving in to daycare and work. He asked me to put on his favorite song, "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. As he sang from the back seat at the top of his lungs, trying desperately to hit the high notes, I knew I needed to blog about him.



He is learning so much everyday and his knowledge blows my mind. He has this hilarious 3-year-old logic that confuses and enlightens me at the same time. He has recently learned his alphabet, and not just singing it. We got him this DVD called "Leap Frog Letter Factory". (Go buy it today!!) Within a few weeks he learned the order, shape, and sound of each letter. Now he sounds out words and tells me what they start with! Two months ago all he knew was that his name started with a "D". Mind boggling how much they can retain in such a short period of time.



For anyone reading that doesn't know me well, I cry - A LOT!! I cry for important things, I cry for other people, I cry at commercials, weddings, reading emails......It is really almost annoying how much I cry. Well, Dylan does not get it at all. If he sees the faintest tear in my eye, the look on his face totally changes and he comes right over to me and asks me why I am sad. When I say, "This movie makes Mommy happy.", or whatever explanation, his look then changes to one of confusion. It makes me happy that he cares to know what is bothering me. I am glad he is sensitive to others. But then still so obvious he is male when he walks away shaking his head at the crazy lady!



Wow, this is harder than I thought. I have way to much to say. I'll come back with more thoughts later. I hope you all feel blessed by your relationships, especially with your children. It is an unexplainable love and I feel so privileged for the experience.



Here's a big SQUEEZE to you all from Dylan's Mom.













No comments: