Hello Friends,
A few of you have started blogs recently and since I am so Anti-MySpace, I thought I'd give it a shot. I am a novice to posting pics and doing anything with web page design, so bare with me if it takes me awhile to have this looking tip-top.
So football season starts in less than 3 weeks. That probably excites only a few of you. I am thrilled!! I love everything about it, except the way it affects my hubby.
You know the type, overly obsessed with his team, (The Oklahoma Sooners, by the way, in case there is one person out there who doesn't know that already!!) who can't miss one game or score or he starts to get jittery and anxious. The smack talking about this season started months ago, and I am already aware that lots of awesome players who Texas passed on will be running all over "us" and that Texas Tech is expected to be the #2 team in the Big XII South and so on and so on and so on......
I love the Texas Longhorns, no I didn't go to school there, but I have lived in Austin for 25 years, so there you have it!! But, I am living in a place I like to call the Real World, where NOTHING changes based on a Longhorn loss. I would never waiver or route against UT and if they lose 10 games in any season I will still bleed orange.
So things will be getting ugly around my house soon. If anyone has an extra bedroom I can rent out the second week in October, let me know.
Oh and for anyone who has gone to the game with us or watched the game with us, the new rule at our house is we won't be in the same city from Friday to Sunday so we can save our marriage from failure for yet another year. Next year we may have to up the time frame to a week!!
So, to all you wives out there who think your husband is an over-the-top fan, all I can say is welcome to my world and make sure you wear your helmet!
Get it before it's sold out
7 years ago

1 comment:
Funny you send this, I was just thinking about football season. I work across from McCallum High and I could hear the coaches and players practicing this morning - ah what a sweet sound!!!
Post a Comment